Have you got a neck tattoo that you’re trying to keep under wraps at work? No worries, we have the best solutions for you. Whether it’s with makeup, clothing, or bandages, there are plenty of ways to cover your tattoo ink and keep things professional in the office.
So, in this blog post, We’ll discuss how to cover a neck tattoo for work. Keep on reading to know about the best ways to keep your tattoo hidden while still feeling confident and comfortable.
Reasons For Keeping Your Neck Tattoo Hidden At Work
Do you know that tattoos are like a badge of self-expression?
Well, in the workplace, they can sometimes be seen as a red flag to employers and colleagues. And this is exactly why it’s crucial to know how to cover a neck tattoo at work. Not only will it help you keep up appearances, but it’ll also keep you from getting into hot water with discrimination or bias.
Maintaining Professional Attire
One of the main reasons to cover your tattoo at work is to keep up a professional appearance. Employers often have strict dress codes, and showing off your tattoo can be a violation. By covering it up, you’ll be able to stick to the rules and make a good impression on your colleagues and clients.
And just a heads up, getting a tattoo can leave some ink stains on your clothes. To play it safe, wear something loose-fitting that you can easily take off after your tattoo session. This way, you won’t have to sacrifice your favorite work wardrobe for your new tattoo!
Saving Yourself From Discrimination
Another important reason to keep your tattoo hidden is to avoid any potential discrimination or bias. Sadly, tattoos can still carry a negative connotation in some workplaces, and showing off your ink could make it harder for you to get a job or a promotion. By covering it up, you’ll be able to avoid any negative judgment from employers or colleagues.
Keeping Yourself From Unsolicited Questions
Additionally, keeping your neck tattoo hidden can also help you avoid any unwanted attention or questions from colleagues or clients. It can help you maintain a professional image and focus on your work.
Ways To Cover A Neck Tattoo While At Work
Covering a neck tattoo can be a tricky task, but with the right techniques and products, it’s easy to conceal your tattoo and maintain your place at your workplace.
Here are some of the best ways to cover your neck tattoo
Use Makeup Products
Special tattoo concealers can easily cover a neck tattoo and they are available in a variety of shades to match your skin tone. Also, you can use regular makeup such as foundation, concealer, and powder to help cover and blend the tattoo.
The steps to follow to use makeup to hide your tattoo at work are as follows:
- Start by cleaning and drying the area where you want to apply the makeup.
- Apply a primer to the tattooed area, this will help the makeup to stick better and last longer.
- Use a tattoo concealer matches your skin tone to cover the tattoo. You can also use a regular concealer if you don’t have a specific tattoo concealer.
- Use a makeup sponge or brush to blend the concealer into your skin.
- Apply a layer of foundation over the concealer to further blend it into your skin and make it look more natural.
- Set the makeup with a light dusting of powder to make it last longer.
It’s important to note that makeup can be more prone to smudging or fading, so it’s best to touch up throughout the day when in need. Additionally, it’s always best to test the makeup on a small area of the tattoo before applying it to the entire tattoo to ensure that it looks natural.
Wear Covered Clothing
Wearing clothing that covers the area with the tattoo is an effective way to conceal it. High-necked shirts or turtlenecks keep your tattoo hidden for as long as you want.
Plus, you may use a scarf or muffler to cover up your tattoo. It is a great option for women and can be a stylish way to keep your tattoo hidden.
Apply A Bandage To Small Tattoos
Faking an injury and using a bandage to hide a tattoo is a quick and easy solution for those who want to conceal their tattoos for a short period of time.
Below are the steps to follow to hide your tattoo with a bandage:
- Start by cleaning and drying the area where you want to apply the bandage.
- Cut the bandage to the size of your tattoo.
- Apply the bandage to the tattoo, smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles.
- Press down firmly to ensure the bandage sticks to the skin.
- Leave the bandage on for the desired amount of time.
- Remove the bandage by slowly peeling it off from one corner.
It’s important to note that bandages are best for small tattoos or tattoos in areas that are easy to cover with clothing. Also, it’s best to avoid using bandages on tattoos that are in sensitive areas, such as the face, as they can cause irritation or allergic reactions.
Use Temporary Tattoo Cover Ups
Tattoo Cover Ups stick to the skin and cover your tattoo. You can remove them easily and they won’t damage the skin.
Here are the steps to follow to use temporary tattoo cover-ups:
- Clean and dry the area where you want to apply the cover-up.
- Remove the cover-up from its packaging and remove the clear film.
- Apply the cover-up to the tattoo, smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles.
- Press down firmly to ensure the cover-up sticks to the skin.
- Leave the cover-up on for the desired amount of time, usually between 8-24 hours.
- Remove the cover-up by slowly peeling it off from one corner.
Keep in mind that some temporary tattoo cover-ups may not work well on certain types of tattoos. For example, on tattoos with vibrant colors or those with text. Thus, it’s always best to test the cover-up on a small area of the tattoo before applying it to the entire tattoo.
Use A Saniderm Bandage
To keep your new tattoo safe and protected while it’s healing, try using a Saniderm Bandage!
The steps are as easy as ABC:
- First things first, make sure your tattoo is clean and dry before applying the bandage.
- Stick it on, smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles.
- Let it sit for the recommended amount of time, usually around 3-5 days.
- Take it off and follow the aftercare instructions your tattoo artist gave you.
Reasoning for Tattoo Bias in the Workplace
While people are accepting tattoos more in recent years, yet unfortunately, they are still a source of discrimination for some people. It can take many forms especially at a workplace, such as being passed over for job opportunities or promotions, or being subject to dress code policies that prohibit visible tattoos.
One of the main reasons for tattoo discrimination in the workplace is the stereotype that tattoos associate you with being unprofessional. This stereotype is often based on misconceptions about the people who have tattoos, rather than any actual evidence of their job performance.
Additionally, tattoos can be discriminated against in the workplace due to their association with specific subcultures or groups, such as the military, biker gangs, or prison gangs. It can also lead to employers making assumptions about an individual’s character or work ethic based on their tattoos, rather than their qualifications or experience.
Distraction At Work
Another reason for tattoo discrimination in the workplace is that some employers believe tattoos can be a distraction to customers or clients. It is particularly true for tattoos that are in visible areas, such as the face, neck, or hands.
Hence, to wrap things up, keeping your neck tattoo under cover at work can be a smart move for a number of reasons. And don’t worry, it’s not rocket science. There are plenty of ways to do it! You just have to find the one that works best for you and your tattoo.
Just remember, better safe than sorry, especially when it comes to your career. With a little bit of elbow grease, you can keep your tattoo hidden and still let your true colors shine.